Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Adoro Italia!

Italy. Where to begin? I could write pages. I had a mild panic at LAX when I realized I'd forgotton my purse-containing my passport- in the car of the person who dropped us off. She didn't happen to have her cellphone with her and has a history of running errands when up early in the morning. So we had to hope she went home immediately to get the message that my passport was in the car. She wanted to stop, but i'm pretty sure God stopped her, because she missed a couple exits and went straight home. One hour later I had my passport and could check in. Aaahhh! Here is a list of some of my amazing Italian moments:
--Wandering streets at night strung from end to end with Christmas lights
--Shops filled with amazing food: homemade tortellini, salami, prosciotto, wheels of parmesan, artichoke, wine, pastries, bread. All lined up and displayed like jewels.
--Starting every morning with cappaccino
--Spending time drinking wine with twenty year old Italians, wishing I could speak their language.
--Walking the winding streets under miles of porticos
--Years old churches on every corner.

So much more. But I only have 5 minutes left. Tonight Lisa arrives. I love you all and Buon Natale!

No comments: