Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Reverting to childhood

What is it about being sick and wanting your mom? I mean, I'm not particularly fond of my mom at the moment, and she hasn't been incredibly maternal as of late. But, when I'm lying in bed at night, coughing in a such a way that I'm pretty sure all my internal organs are going to pour out of my mouth at any moment, all I can think about is how I wish my mom were there. It makes sense, I guess. She was always the one who took care of me when I was sick as a kid, so it only seems logical that I'd want her to care for me now. But still...

So before I was enjoying being sick, but now I hate it. I want to go out and do things and see my friends and this stupid bronchitis is getting in the way of all my fun. And today I had a headache which made me not want to read, or watch TV, or anything, which really takes all the fun out of being sick. But now I have REAL drugs. No more of that fake, over the counter stuff. The doctor said they should make me feel better in a day or two. So hopefully I'll be back out in the world again soon and I can write about more interesting and cheerful things than being sick.

No comments: