Wednesday, January 11, 2006

today, tomorrow, and yesterday

There are days when I feel like I have it all together. The sun is shining. My dishes are done. I am prepared for the next day or two of teaching. And then there are the days where I go outside and find I have egg all over my car. The egging incident didn't actually happen today, but crusty remnants of yolk are still attached to my car door. This on top of the fact that my car, in general, is filthy and in desperate need of a cleaning. And I have a pile of laundry sitting on my couch that needs to be put away. I missed my spinning class today. I had eggs for dinner because I didn't have brown rice for my planned meal. Which wouldn't be so bad except that I have no leftovers to bring for lunch tomorrow. I know these all seem so trivial, but somehow the little things that never really bothered me before are creeping under my skin. Ever since my trip I've been in some sort of mood that I just can't seem to bust out of. I feel like I went away and came back a completely different person. I feel as though I am waiting for something, and I'm not exactly sure what.

random/beautiful song lyric:
if today was not an endless highway if tonight was not a crooked trail
if tomorrow wasn't such a long time then lonesome would mean nothing to me at all

From: "Tomorrow is a Long Time" by Bob Dylan
Nickel Creek - Why Should the Fire Die?

1 comment:

Lisa Pileggi said...

Oh Cate! Wish I could be there to help you with your laundry, run to TJ's and buy some brown rice and take your car to my favorite car wash in Echo Park. I love you! Hang in there! I'll be praying for you! Hugs and kisses! Lisa